Registering to bid and bidding involves a nominal fee of $5, as means of protecting vendors and checking ID.
This fee will not be refunded under any circumstances, including if the bidder is not the successful purchaser.
Agents and vendors
Sale Ezy charges a flat fee for use of the auction platform. The fee is not for the sale of the property, but for use of the platform. We also provide complementary use of our second platform, 'Best offer'.
An agent will be required to pay for a listing within seven days of the listing going live, or at the date specified by their issued invoice. A vendor will be required to pay the platform fee at the end of the listing process in order to send the listing live, display their property and use the auction platform. The fee covers the use of the auction platform for one property (or as per the subscription agreement) and is payable regardless of whether or not the property sells at auction. If a property doesn’t sell at auction, the agent or vendor will have complimentary use of the ‘Best Offer’ platform which will enable them to continue to display their home and accept offers indefinitely until the property is sold.
An agent or vendor will not be provided with a refund for the auction fee unless the platform can be proven to have experienced significant technical failure during the live auction final call. Sale Ezy is reasonable and will discuss options with the agent or vendor in the case of any technical issues.
An agent or vendor will not be provided a refund if:
- They list their property and choose to remove it prior to auction
- They list their property but then sell it privately
- They list their property and receive no bids or registered bidders
- Their property does not sell at auction and they choose not to use the ‘Best Offer’ platform
- Their property sells by 'Best Offer'
- Their property receives little interest (this can result from lack of advertising or poor pricing). Sale Ezy goes to all reasonable lengths to create interest for all properties.
An agent or vendor will be charged a second auction fee if they replace all details of the first property with details of a second property through the editing process as opposed to simply listing a new property. This is misuse of the system and a deliberate attempt at dishonesty.
Agents should check their user agreement for clarity on permitted use of the system.
Refunds for any user are at the discretion of Sale Ezy.